From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Cc: "Raúl Porcel" <armin76@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Alpha boot CD has no jfs tools
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 06:43:27
1 On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > The install CD for alpha has a module for jfs, but no utils for such a
3 > filesystem.
4 > Could the Gentoo boot ISO builder please include them next time?
5 >
6 > Mine is from May. I'm guessing it's still the case.
7 >
8 > I built a working jfs partition using my ext3 installation. The jfs version
9 > won't even mount from a Gentoo CD boot.
10 > My jfs version seems really flaky trying to emerge things. I don't think
11 > it's hardware. It may not make make a bit of difference, but I'd like to
12 > redo it from scratch with a "factory" install cd.
13 >
14 > If a jfs-capable CD gets built, could somebody post a notice to this list?
15 > Thanks.
16
17 Some particular reason you want to use JFS? I don't think I've ever
18 used it, much less on alpha.
19
20 Probably best to file a bug to ask for jfstools to be included.