From: Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer <ml2news@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo@××××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] NFS Server
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 15:11:47
gentoo@××××××××××××.uk (Richard Simpson) writes:
> Has anyone else had trouble with NFS serving since upgrading to a recent > kernel or compiler? > [...]
Actually I'm having the same issue (using stuff exported by an alpha and mounted on a pc). When that happens, just issuing a mount command to a non existing mountpoint will make nfs recover: assuming alpha exports /foo, if the pc has alpha:/foo mounted somewhere and hung, just executing mount alpha:/foo /somedirthatdoesntexist will make nfs works again. I've posted on lkml and on linux-nfs but never got any reply. -- Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer mchouque@××××.fr -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alpha] NFS Server Richard Simpson <gentoo@××××××××××××.uk>