From: Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer <ml2news@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo@××××××××××××.uk
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] NFS Server
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 15:11:47
1 gentoo@××××××××××××.uk (Richard Simpson) writes:
2 > Has anyone else had trouble with NFS serving since upgrading to a recent
3 > kernel or compiler?
4 > [...]
5
6 Actually I'm having the same issue (using stuff exported by an alpha and
7 mounted on a pc). When that happens, just issuing a mount command to a non
8 existing mountpoint will make nfs recover: assuming alpha exports /foo, if
9 the pc has alpha:/foo mounted somewhere and hung, just executing
10 mount alpha:/foo /somedirthatdoesntexist will make nfs works again. I've
11 posted on lkml and on linux-nfs but never got any reply.
14 Mathieu Chouquet-Stringer mchouque@××××.fr
15 --
16 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list