From: "Nils o. Janus" <NoJ@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alpha] DS25 not booting at all... I'm going mad!
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:39:19
1 Hi Davide,
2
3 Exactly the same happens on my DS20s when booting a kernel from tree 2.6, so my advice is to use a kernel from tree 2.4, vanilla sources.
4 Genkernel wouldnt want to work on my boxes as well so I manually configured the kernel.
5
6 Nils
7 ----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
8 Von: "Davide Cittaro"<daweonline@×××××.com>
9 Gesendet: 20.09.05 17:06:47
10 An: "gentoo-alpha@l.g.o"<gentoo-alpha@l.g.o>
11 Betreff: [gentoo-alpha] DS25 not booting at all... I'm going mad!
12 Hi folks, let me keep you updated on what's going on with this damn
13 DS25... After compiling everything it simply does not boot! I also
14 tried to create an initrd (installing all by hand, since genkernel
15 goes into errors I couldn't fix) but nothing changes. Following all
16 the instruction from the Gentoo Handbook leads me to a
17
18 starting kernel 2.6.14-rc1-vanilla.gz with arguments root=/dev/sda3
19 initrd=/initrd-2.6.14-rc1=vanilla.img rw
20
21 at the SRM/aboot prompt, but it freezes there...
22 I really cannot see how to go on with this, I'm thinking to give up
23 and keep a redhat 7.2 (at least it works...).
24
25 d
26 --
27 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list