From: FIVAZ Fabien <Fabien.Fivaz@×××××.ch>
To: "Donsbach, Jeff" <jeff.donsbach@××.com>, gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] RE : [gentoo-alpha] Installation on a Digital Personal Workstation 433au
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:57:27
1 Thanks. X works with the tga driver, but only in 8 bit mode (but that's not a problem).
2
3 I also saw that many Gentoo packages are not *supported* for Alpha, but they build. Is there some place where I can tell when I manage to compile a package and test it ? Maybe in this list ?
4
5 Best wishes, Fabien
8 -------- Message d'origine--------
9 De: Donsbach, Jeff [mailto:jeff.donsbach@××.com]
10 Date: ven. 09.01.2004 16:04
11 À: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
12 Cc:
13 Objet: RE: [gentoo-alpha] Installation on a Digital Personal Workstation 433au
14
15 Fabien wrote:
16 > My problem is that the box still has it's original TGA2 graphic card
17 which is not
18 > supported by xfree.
19
20 Yes it is. Has been for quite a while. At least it is in other distros
21 like Red Hat and Debian and the support was submitted back to the Xfree
22 maintainers (thanks to Jay Estabrook).
23
24 > Can I change the graphic board with *ANY* pci card ? Or do I have to
25 search for a
26 > Alpha-specific card ?
27
28 Matrox Millenium[II], Permedia 2 based boards and ATI Radeon 7500 all
29 work well and are supported as well. But, you should be able to get your
30 TGA2 going.
31
32 Jeff D
35 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list