From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Slightly OT: AS 1000A 5/500 CPU jumpers?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:41:25
1 I've posted this to comp.os.linux.alpha, but thoguth someone here might have
2 access to the doc I need...
3
4 I just got a 5/500 CPU board off eBay to upgrade my AS 1000A 5/333. it came
5 without any jumpers at all on the J3 block. When I try to run it as is, I
6 get a 1-3-3 beep code at startup, which says that it couldn't find good
7 memory. That system has 896 MB of good memory in it, as I can verify by
8 stuffing the 5/333 CPU back in it. I think there need to be jumpers on J3,
9 but can't find any doc on how to set them. Googling turns up lots of doc on
10 the 1000A 4/2xx systems, but none on the 5/333-500 systems. Help?
13 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list