From: Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Sendmail and Mailman
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:39:59
1 I'm comfortable with Tru64 on the Alpha platform and am actively using these
2 two packages at my office. (DU 4.0d and T64 5.1x)
3 (I manage an environment consisting of about 100-150 alphaservers from
4 1000/a to ES80)
5 However, I've recently purchased a surplused AlphaServer 800 (ev56) and have
6 successfully built base Gentoo system, and a few additional packages.
7
8 I've been reading the Gentoo documentation, but recently read a thread that
9 stated you can force a build of a masked package.
10 How is this accomplished?
11
12 I would like to try building the sendmail and mailman distributions.
13
14 Currently successfully running:
15 Apache2
16 Samba3.0.2
17 Kernel 2.4.21-r4 from alpha-sources
18 Mit-kerberos5
19 With a DAC960 mylex raid controller. (KZPAC-A in DEC terms) and the onboard
20 qlogicisp controller
21
22 I've configured in Iptables 1.2.9a and am using shorewall for a firewall.
23
24 Thanks,
25 Brian Parkhurst
26 brianp@××××××××××××××.net