From: Davide Cittaro <davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] End of 2.4 support in Gentoo/Alpha
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:14:26
1 Hi! I'm worried about these news...
2
3 On Jan 19, 2008, at 5:35 PM, Jose Luis Rivero wrote:
4 > If there is someone still using 2.4 with Gentoo, please let us know
5 > and
6 > we will see what can we do to move to 2.6.
7
8 Well, I'm desperately trying to make a DS25 (titan, ev68) working with
9 a 2.6 kernel. Monday I'll try for the last time, booting with a fedora
10 cd (since gentoo cd doesn't boot) and then bootstrapping all the
11 system (as I did with 2.4 kernel). Please, wish me good luck! Oh, if
12 anybody there has a 2.6 kernel working on titan, tell me, I'll give
13 you an ftp access where upload it or, if possible, a minimal system
14 (meaning the one after emerge -e system ^__^).
15
16 d
17 --
18 gentoo-alpha@l.g.o mailing list