From: Davide Cittaro <davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] End of 2.4 support in Gentoo/Alpha
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 19:14:26
Hi! I'm worried about these news...

On Jan 19, 2008, at 5:35 PM, Jose Luis Rivero wrote:
> If there is someone still using 2.4 with Gentoo, please let us know > and > we will see what can we do to move to 2.6.
Well, I'm desperately trying to make a DS25 (titan, ev68) working with a 2.6 kernel. Monday I'll try for the last time, booting with a fedora cd (since gentoo cd doesn't boot) and then bootstrapping all the system (as I did with 2.4 kernel). Please, wish me good luck! Oh, if anybody there has a 2.6 kernel working on titan, tell me, I'll give you an ftp access where upload it or, if possible, a minimal system (meaning the one after emerge -e system ^__^). d -- gentoo-alpha@l.g.o mailing list