From: "Brian C. Parkhurst" <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alpha]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:43:44
1 Thanks, that’s the trick I was looking for.
2 I knew bugzilla wasn't keyworded for Alpha, and wanted to test it anyway.
3 The Gentoo handbook isn't very clear on this subject. It seemed to imply that I
4 only needed the package.unmask and package.keywords files set.
5
6 Brian..
9 Quoting "Nils o. Janus" <NoJ@××××××××××××.de>:
10
11 > Hi Brian,
12 >
13 > Check in the .ebuild files of bugzilla, wether the keyword ~alpha is entered
14 > there. If not, then inserting ~alpha into packages.keywords isnt sufficient.
15 >
16 > Either pass the complete path of the ebuild to emerge like 'emerge
17 > www-apps/bugzilla/bugzilla-version-xxx.ebuild', or edit the .ebuild file
18 > manually, insert the keyword alpha, run 'ebuild
19 > www-apps/bugzilla/bugzilla-version-xxx.ebuild digest' and emerge as usual.
20 >
21 > Nils
22 > ---- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
23 > Von: "Brian C. Parkhurst"<brianp@×××××××.net>
24 > Gesendet: 20.09.05 20:09:45
25 > An: "gentoo-alpha@l.g.o"<gentoo-alpha@l.g.o>
26 > Betreff: [gentoo-alpha]
27 >
28 > I wanted to give bugzilla a chance on my alpha-AS800 but can't seem to
29 > get my
30 > unmask flags right.
31 >
32 > # emerge -puvD bugzilla
33 >
34 > These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
35 >
36 > Calculating dependencies
37 > !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "bugzilla" have been masked.
38 > !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
39 > request:
40 > - www-apps/bugzilla-2.20_rc2 (masked by: missing keyword)
41 > - www-apps/bugzilla-2.18.3 (masked by: missing keyword)
42 > - www-apps/bugzilla-2.20_rc1 (masked by: missing keyword)
43 >
44 > For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page
45 > or
46 > section 2.2 "Software Availability" in the Gentoo Handbook.
47 >
48 > # cat package.unmask
49 > >=www-apps/bugzilla-2*
50 >