From: Allen Ziegenfus <listmail@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] what kernel are folks running?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:12:04
On the fine day of Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:46:46 -0700 (PDT)
Jeff Donsbach <jeff_donsbach@×××××.com> said very eloquently:

> I'm just curious what kernel ebuild folks are using on > Alpha.
I'm running sys-kernel/grsec-sources- I don't know much about the alpha-sources kernel, the gentoo-sources kernel, or alpha-specific features. I'm mainly concerned with security. I was running vanilla-sources but a security advisory came out a couple months ago where vanilla-sources was not patched as quickly as grsec-sources, so I switched to that. If you are concerned with security you might want to consider upgrading. 2.4.27 had several security patches, I believe. Allen --