From: Davide Cittaro <davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Cc: kloeri@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Ditching 2.4 kernel support?
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:04:25
On Dec 15, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Bryan Østergaard wrote:

> Please contact me if 2.6 kernels doesn't work on your alpha so we can > try to work out any problems in time for next release.
I have 3 alpha with gentoo. Two of them are DS25 (ev68) and I cannot run a 2.6 kernel. I may be totally dumb, I may be unable to configure a proper kernel, but while I can set the "legacy start address" for this machine (and therefore boot) on 2.4 kernel, I cannot do this on 2.6. Probably I missed something, but docs about DS25 are very poor and I couldn't find out how to boot a 2.6 kernel on it. Cheers d -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alpha] Ditching 2.4 kernel support? Davide Cittaro <daweonline@×××××.com>