From: Andrew Gaylard <ag@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] udev-208 eats CPU
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:48:07
1 On 01/19/14 01:20, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Andrew Gaylard <ag@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I have just upgraded to the latest build of udev (208) on my Alpha box.
6 >> It appears to run at 100% of CPU. When I enable debugging, I get these
7 >> lines in /var/log/messages:
8 >>
9 >> unable to receive ctrl connection: Function not implemented
10 >>
11 >> This appears to be due to the lack of the accept4 call.
12 >>
13 >> However, my kernel is gentoo-sources-3.10.7 and my glibc is 2.17,
14 >> so I'd expect this call to be there.... Right?
15 > Yes, as Alan said accept4 has been supported in the kernel since v3.2.
16 >
17 > I'm running udev-208 on a couple of alphas without trouble, so this
18 > problem should be fixable.
19 >
20 > Is it possible that your glibc was built against linux-headers older
21 > than v3.2? Seems unlikely, but it's probably the first thing I'd
22 > check.
23 Yup, you were right. I had sys-kernel/linux-headers 2.6.<something>.
24 Upgrading that to 3.9 and then rebuilding glibc and udev fixed it.
25
26 Thanks!
27
28 I'm a bit puzzled why "emerge -uva @system" and "emerge -uva @world"
29 didn't automatically upgrade linux-headers. I had to explicitly request it.
30 But hey, it's working now...:)
33 Andrew Gaylard