From: Matt Turner <mattst88@×××××.com>
To: brian.parkhurst@×××××××.net
Cc: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:55:22
1 On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > After several weeks I've managed to get my system consistent again.  The
3 > initial attempt at applying the x11 overlay failed miserably with multiple
4 > unmet dependencies that prevented my being able to fully compile cleanly.
5 >
6 > I removed the overlay and re-emerged update-Deep world and revdep-rebuilt
7 > the entire system.  Currently running a gentoo 2.6.31-r2 kernel.
8 >
9 > the emerge preview with the recently re-applied overlay looks clean..
10
11 Great to hear. Let us know of further progress.
12
13 Thanks!
14 Matt
17 > Sorry for the delay.  Oct was very busy at work for me plus the daylight
18 > savings conversion to standard time required additional weekend hours.
22 > Matt Turner wrote:
23 >>
24 >> On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>