From: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Xorg installation
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 20:10:56
1 Now it's different, but not fixed.
2
3 I revised make.conf to say -mcpu=ev56
4 emerge --unmerge xorg-server and the nv,fbdev, and vesa drivers I
5 installed. After I emerged all that back, Xorg -configure still failed
6 with a number of screens does not match the number of devices error, but
7 it does write an xorg.conf.new. That does not work, of course.
8 Now a simple starx brings up a graphics screen with three terminal
9 instances started, but the computer is locked up.
10 For a lark, I --unmerged the keyboard, mouse, and evdev devices. I did
11 the same to xterm, just in case. Emerged them back, but no difference.
12
13 I originally emerged the whole xorg-x11 package. That took so long, I
14 went directly to xorg-server for uninstall/reinstall. I hoped that
15 would be enough.
16 My methods seem relatively brutal and ignorant, but I don't know any
17 better.
18
19 Adios, DW