From: Matt Turner <mattst88@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:14:38
On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net> wrote:
> Okay had some time today.  I'm working on the autounmask of > xorg-xserver-9999 (running now). > > What is your recommended kernel for this build?
I'd recommend the latest, 2.6.31, or even 2.6.32-rcX if you want to. I'd like to get some people to test with Radeon kernel modesetting, so at least .31 is required for that.
Excellent! Great to have you. :) I've been working on Alpha-related stuff for about a year and a half and have sent emails to linux-alpha@ (the kernel mailing list), axp-list, the RH alpha mailing list, debian-alpha@, but the Gentoo mailing lists looked unused, so I never mailed them before. Too bad. Thanks for your help :) Matt