From: Matt Turner <mattst88@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:14:38
1 On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Okay had some time today.  I'm working on the autounmask of
3 > xorg-xserver-9999 (running now).
4 >
5 > What is your recommended kernel for this build?
6
7 I'd recommend the latest, 2.6.31, or even 2.6.32-rcX if you want to.
8 I'd like to get some people to test with Radeon kernel modesetting, so
9 at least .31 is required for that.
10
11 > I've been working to bring the server up to current (emerge -uv world) &
12 > revdep-rebuild  (been about 4 months since I've updated packages)
13 >
14 > Should hopefully be able to build the Kernel and Xorg-Server tomorrow.
15 >
16 > Just to answer your last question.  I've been running Gentoo on my alpha(s)
17 > for about 6 years (migrated to the DS20E earlier this year from an older
18 > alpha 800).  I had contributed a bit to the livecd (2004 release) to support
19 > booting alpha with DEC Mylex 960 Raid controller (just identified the
20 > firmware levels of the DEC OEM version).
21
22 Excellent! Great to have you. :)
23
24 I've been working on Alpha-related stuff for about a year and a half
25 and have sent emails to linux-alpha@ (the kernel mailing list),