From: Allen Ziegenfus <listmail@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] glibc problem
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 04:30:29
1 On the fine day of Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:54:58 -0700
2 "Brian Parkhurst" <brianp@×××××××.net> said very eloquently:
3
4 > I went to do an upgrade world (its been a couple of weeks), and found
5 > that the version of glibc I currently have installed is newer than
6 > what the latest release is. glibc-2.3.2-r11 is latest stable, and
7 > I've apparently got glibc-2.3.3_pre20040207.
8
9 Same situation here. If you look in the changelog for the glibc ebuild
10 you can see that they downgraded it back to 2.3.2 for alpha for some
11 reason, something to do with the LiveCDs.
12
13 However if I try to go ahead with the downgrade I get a bug nasty
14 warning message saying lots of things won't work if I go ahead with it.
15 It's a little troubling as there is a GLSA about the 2.3.3_pre
16 glibc.
17
18 For now I have just masked it so I don't see it anymore and eventually
19 I'm going to rebuild all my packages since I have a host of other
20 problems. But if anyone could advise about the effects of downgrading
21 glibc it would be appreciated.
22
23 Allen