From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] gcc 4.1.1-r3? [last update]
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:23:32
1 On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 02:57:08PM +0200, Davide Cittaro wrote:
2 > Hi all again! I'm sorry for this but I would like to give you an
3 > update on what's happening here.
4 > I've done with gcc emerging, at least. I had to compile and install
5 > it manually, add a proper /etc/env.d/gcc config file, let gcc-config
6 > select the new gcc-4.1.1 and then reemerge it. It seems to work fine.
7 > I can go on with emerging an updated system, I hope.
8 >
9 > BTW, I'm courious: how many people in this list have a DS25 or at
10 > least an ev68 processor? It seems we are very few people and it is
11 > hard to fix errors...
12 >
13 Couple of things here..
14
15 First, adding -Wa,-mev6 to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS is definitely not needed
16 and I would expect it break a few things personally.
17
18 Second, I've been using gcc-4.1.1-r3 for months on EV68 system(s) with
19 no problem at all. I'm maintaining all the toolchain stuff on alpha as
20 so far testing and keywording goes and I do most of my work on a CS20
21 (dual ev68AL so fairly close to your DS25 regarding specs). I haven't
22 seen any gcc related problems personally.
23
24 So I expect your problems either stems from your CFLAGS or perhaps from
25 glibc that. Which version of glibc are you using and what USE flags are
26 enabled?
27
28 Regards,
29 Bryan Østergaard