From: maillist@×××××××××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Good stable kernel for AXP
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 05:24:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been running Gentoo w/2.4 and now 2.6.4 kernels on my x86 boxes and
4 it's bugging me that my Alpha is DeadHat 7.2 (2.4.9 w/patches). So, I
5 figured Gentoo-it.
6
7 My AXP's a Miata 500au with 1GB of RAM and some noisy RZ29s, but it's been
8 up for 267 days now serving my web, local e-mail, ntp, MySQL, etc., so I'm
9 a little reluctant to take it down for a day or two or three to build a
10 new system (albeit on different HDs) if it's not going to be as stable.
11
12 Anyone care to offer up some thoughts on a kernel version and type
13 (vanilla, alpha, etc)?
14
15 Also, any reason for skipping the EV56s on the Stages?
16
17 TIA,
18 Rich J
22 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list