From: Stanislav Boscik <stanislav.boscik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alpha] java on alpha?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:14:28
1 Hi,
2 Java have not been released under GPL yet - SUN just promissed to release it
3 in March 2007. Some parts of the code are licensed under proprietary 3rd
4 party licenses and cannot be released under GPL therefore. We can expect
5 that some development will be needed in order to have functional Java
6 release under GPL.
7 Now we can only hope!
8 SB
11 _____
12
13 From: Davide Cittaro [mailto:davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it]
14 Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 9:29 AM
15 To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
16 Subject: [gentoo-alpha] java on alpha?
19 Hi there, since Java has been released now with a open license, do you think
20 it will be possible to have a recent (and decent) java VM on our gentoo
21 alphas?
22
23 d
24
25 /*
26 Davide Cittaro
27 HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core
28
29 IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
30 via adamello, 16
31 20139 Milano
32 Italy
33