From: jeff sacksteder <jsacksteder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] difficulties with glibc and GCC
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:08:22
1 I'm currently using:
2
3 glibc-2.3.2-r1
4 gcc-3.2.3-r2
5 linux 2.4
6
7 I'm not able to compile a newer glibc with this setup, but newer versions of
8 gcc require it. I would prefer not to take this server down for several days
9 to reinstall. First I attempted to prepare a new chroot-ed enviroment so I
10 could just cut over once it was ready, but 2.4/2.6 incompatabilities prevent
11 me from doing that effectively. Secondly, I thought of getting a newer glibc
12 out of GRP to bootstrap into a new enviroment rather than building it
13 myself. There does not appear to be a GRP for Alpha. It seems I am stuck.
14
15 Can anyone suggest an alternative to re-installation?