From: Davide Cittaro <davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] gcc 4.1.1-r3?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:27:01
Hi again, I'm trying to compile it on my own, without portage and
following portage "econf" value.
So, it seems I can compile (well, it hasn't ended yet, but seems to
go on on stage2....)
I've noticed a thing. My CFLAGS are

CFLAGS="-mieee -mcpu=ev67 -Wa,-mev6 -O2 -pipe "

as defined in /etc/make.conf, but as I emerge gcc, the CFLAGS that
appear at the top (and used during gcc build) are

CFLAGS="-mieee -mcpu=ev67 -O2 -pipe "

so the "-Wa,-mev6" has been blown away.... In past times I've found
that on ev68 processors this flag was necessary for compiling many
things (including gcc), I can't recall where I found this, but I've
posted it on safe cflags wiki on gentoo wiki.
Now I wonder how can I modify the gcc ebuild to prevent this (I
prefer the use of ebuilds in place of manual installation), but gcc
ebuild are pretty strange and fcc-4.1.1-r3 ebuild (like others, I
presume) calls some emerge functions that are not within the ebuild
itself. Can anybody help me on this?

Davide Cittaro
HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core

IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano

tel.: +39(02)574303007
e-mail: davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it