From: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Xorg installation- SOLVED!
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 23:44:03
1 >>So to confirm, is X working for you now? With what graphics card?
2
3 X is working now. The only thing I've really done is install
4 windowmaker, but it seems functional.
5
6 The graphics card is the original Matrox Millenium, using the mga driver.
7
8 In the future, I'll probably put the nVidia card back in. It worked
9 with Debian and FreeBSD alpha a few years ago, so I don't expect problems.
10
11 FWIW, my simple mind thought evdev meant "every device." I knew Xorg
12 wanted to use evdev, but I didn't realize it was in the kernel under
13 "event."
14
15 Adios, DW