From: Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Useable Stage1 for Alpah
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 02:31:52
1 Hi there,
2
3 I've been trying to resurrect some alpha boxen I have, and discover
4 that the current gentoo stage1 doesn't work. It seems that portage
5 changes under the bootstrap script and makes it barf, as well as an
6 error message about SLOTMOVE confusing some things. I posted a message
7 in the forums under Alternate Architectures.
8
9 Luckily I had one box that was still running gentoo so I've updated
10 that, after much mucking about. So now, I'd like to build a useable
11 stage1, so started to look at catalyst, but it seems to be have a
12 circular dependency like having a stage3 to start from, but I don't
13 have a stage3 ... huh?
14
15 If i tared up my complete working system and called that a stage3,
16 would that work ... or anyone in the know who can give me pointers
17 about getting a useable stage1.
18
19 Also, gentoo-alpha seems to have dropped off ... is it still active
20 ... judging from the state of no useable stage1, it looks not ... or
21 is there some reason for this and people are working to rectify the
22 situation. I'm happy to help.
23
24 Cheers,
25 Jonathan.