From: Davide Cittaro <daweonline@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] DS25 not booting at all... I'm going mad!
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:06:58
Hi folks, let me keep you updated on what's going on with this damn
DS25... After compiling everything it simply does not boot! I also
tried to create an initrd (installing all by hand, since genkernel
goes into errors I couldn't fix) but nothing changes. Following all
the instruction from the Gentoo Handbook leads me to a

starting kernel 2.6.14-rc1-vanilla.gz with arguments root=/dev/sda3
initrd=/initrd-2.6.14-rc1=vanilla.img rw

at the SRM/aboot prompt, but it freezes there...
I really cannot see how to go on with this, I'm thinking to give up
and keep a redhat 7.2 (at least it works...).