From: Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Xorg installation
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 02:32:19
1 What kernel version are you running?
2
3 On 5/11/2013 13:11, Don Wilburn wrote:
4 > Now it's different, but not fixed.
5 >
6 > I revised make.conf to say -mcpu=ev56
7 > emerge --unmerge xorg-server and the nv,fbdev, and vesa drivers I
8 > installed. After I emerged all that back, Xorg -configure still failed
9 > with a number of screens does not match the number of devices error, but
10 > it does write an xorg.conf.new. That does not work, of course.
11 > Now a simple starx brings up a graphics screen with three terminal
12 > instances started, but the computer is locked up.
13 > For a lark, I --unmerged the keyboard, mouse, and evdev devices. I did
14 > the same to xterm, just in case. Emerged them back, but no difference.
15 >
16 > I originally emerged the whole xorg-x11 package. That took so long, I
17 > went directly to xorg-server for uninstall/reinstall. I hoped that
18 > would be enough.
19 > My methods seem relatively brutal and ignorant, but I don't know any
20 > better.
21 >
22 > Adios, DW