From: "Nils o. Janus" <NoJ@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] gentoo on a DS25
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:54:31
1 Hi Davide,
2
3 there have been similar issues before, try searching the history of the
4 newsgroup for those messages.
5 Long story short, try booting and installing Gentoo with a Kernel from
6 tree 2.4, for easier use, get a Gentoo Installation-CD like 2004.3 .
7 When I did setup some DS20E, booting and installing with the 2004.3
8 minimalCD went on nice and smooth, but the 2005.0 didnt even boot up
9 ( when using the Kernel from free 2.6 ).
10
11 Hope this helps,
12
13 Nils