From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] LiveCD refuses to boot on Takara
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:02:41
On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 03:28:11PM +0100, Marc Giger wrote:
> Why not just cp -a /dev/* /mnt/gentoo/dev/ ? Never tried myself but I > think it should work for installing gentoo.
I did that. That's what got me far enough to get the "fatal: kernel too old" error.
> What's about the paging error? Do you have more infos or gave up?:-)
It appears to be a problem either in the vector the SRM firmware hands the kernel, or else a problem in the kernel itself: the takara_swizzle routine is trying to dereference a null pointer. This is, as you might guess, specific to takara. Unfortunately, I had to give back the memory I borrowed to get that machine running, and haven't purchased more yet - and have since gotten my AS 1000A 5/333 running again (and have a 5/500 CPU board on the way), so that project has been pushed to the back burner. -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list