From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@g.o>
To: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-releng@l.g.o, gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Re: [gentoo-core] RELEASE Gentoo Linux 2004.1
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:13:48
1 On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:06:03PM -0500, Jeffrey Forman wrote:
2 > Hate to rain on everyone's apparent gcc/pie/ssp parade but Gentoo Linux
3 > 2004.1 is getting released to the world today/tomorrow, depending on
4 > your particular locale on the globe.
5
6 I'm happy to hear it.
7
8 I'm also sad, and regretful, that I was not able to get the promised Alpha
9 port done in time for this release. Between a paying job that got in the way
10 during the time that most folks were bulding 2004.1, and a con I'd committed
11 to go to a long time ago, and then dealing with the fallout from that (seen
12 the pictures of the guy in the TRON costume floating around the net? That's
13 me), I flat fell down on the job.
14
15 I feel like I let the side down. Hopefully, for 2004.2, I'll be able to do
16 the job I promised to do when I was accepted as a developer. In the
17 meantime, I'll at least get a 2004.1 experimental release set built; it'll
18 be useful even if it's not an official Gentoo release.
19
20 I'm really sorry, folks.
21
22 ...Jay