From: mathewt@××××××.com
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Re: 2.6 kernel on Alpha ?
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:19:37
1 YosWinK, Brian, J-S,
2
3 thank you for your responses. I tried out the various suggestions
4 and here are the observations
5
6 > linux-2.6.12-ncr810-alpha.patch[1]
7 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~yoswink/tmp/linux-2.6.12-ncr810-alpha.patch
8
9 this did not solve the problem, the REJECT messages were still
10 coming as before. /proc/pci shows
11
12 SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c810 (rev 2)
13
14 while the patch suggests (rev 1). maybe that is why this does not
15 work ?
16
17 Suggestion from J-S on commenting out the part checking for WIDE
18 mode actually worked. The REJECT msgs were no longer appearing and
19 the system was able to boot with UP-kernel
20
21 tried compiling SMP with this driver change, still no luck. Fedora/
22 AlphaCore mailing list seems to suggest that they may have SMP
23 working on 2.6. Any hopes of getting patches on to gentoo ?
24 I am willing to try it out
25
26 Brian, mentioned about a simple patch for DAC960 on 2.4 for firmware
27 revision. I tried to compare the files from 2.4 and 2.6 and the
28 relevant parts seemed same to me. Could someone post a patch ?
29
30 so currently I am back to 2.4 (@233MHz, I need all the CPUs!)
31 but switched to gcc-3.4.4-r1 and hit an issue, I will open a new
32 thread for that
33
34 once again thanks for all the help
35