From: mathewt@××××××.com
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Re: 2.6 kernel on Alpha ?
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:19:37
YosWinK, Brian, J-S,

thank you for your responses. I tried out the various suggestions
and here are the observations

this did not solve the problem, the REJECT messages were still
coming as before. /proc/pci shows

SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c810 (rev 2)

while the patch suggests (rev 1). maybe that is why this does not
work ?

Suggestion from J-S on commenting out the part checking for WIDE
mode actually worked. The REJECT msgs were no longer appearing and
the system was able to boot with UP-kernel

tried compiling SMP with this driver change, still no luck. Fedora/
AlphaCore mailing list seems to suggest that they may have SMP
working on 2.6. Any hopes of getting patches on to gentoo ?
I am willing to try it out

Brian, mentioned about a simple patch for DAC960 on 2.4 for firmware
revision. I tried to compare the files from 2.4 and 2.6 and the
relevant parts seemed same to me. Could someone post a patch ?

so currently I am back to 2.4 (@233MHz, I need all the CPUs!)
but switched to gcc-3.4.4-r1 and hit an issue, I will open a new
thread for that

once again thanks for all the help

regards, Mathew