From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] KDE4 on Alpha
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 05:08:40
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM, Ian Las <ialas@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Dear Gentoo/Alpha geeks
4 >
5 > tried to build KDE4 on my Alpha.
6 >
7 > Updated the system first to the current version but it was still not posssible to solve
8 >
9 > all required dependencies. In the end I could satisfy all dependencies for KDEbase but
10 >
11 > got problems with QT.
12 >
13 > Has anybody successfully build KDE4 - which version of KDE4 and QT does work on
14 >
15 > Alpha ?
16 >
17 > Kindest regards,
18 >
19 > Ian
20
21 Hi Ian!
22
23 Unfortunately, we don't have any plans to support KDE on Gentoo/Alpha.
24 It's a huge amount of software, and we simply don't have the man-power
25 to test it, much less fixing tons of bugs like unaligned accesses.
26
27 If you'd like to try it, you can use portage's --autounmask flag to
28 help install KDE. I perhaps could help with an occasional bug in Qt,
29 but beyond that, it's too much work.
30
31 Thanks, and sorry,
32