From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] KDE4 on Alpha
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 05:08:40
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM, Ian Las <ialas@×××××.com> wrote:
> > Dear Gentoo/Alpha geeks > > tried to build KDE4 on my Alpha. > > Updated the system first to the current version but it was still not posssible to solve > > all required dependencies. In the end I could satisfy all dependencies for KDEbase but > > got problems with QT. > > Has anybody successfully build KDE4 - which version of KDE4 and QT does work on > > Alpha ? > > Kindest regards, > > Ian
Hi Ian! Unfortunately, we don't have any plans to support KDE on Gentoo/Alpha. It's a huge amount of software, and we simply don't have the man-power to test it, much less fixing tons of bugs like unaligned accesses. If you'd like to try it, you can use portage's --autounmask flag to help install KDE. I perhaps could help with an occasional bug in Qt, but beyond that, it's too much work. Thanks, and sorry, Matt

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alpha] KDE4 on Alpha Ian Las <ialas@×××××.com>