From: Grant Hill <jgh105@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Compaq Fortran Compiler
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:02:05
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm contemplating the migration of an alpha server (DS20) from tru64 to
4 Gentoo and I was wondering about the state of the Compaq enhanced Fortran
5 compiler in portage. According to Gentoo Weekly Newsletter: August 25, 2003
6 (which I found with the aid of google) the compiler is in dev-lang/cfal.
7 However, the Fortran compiler is not mentioned on the Guide to Compaq-Tools
8 on Gentoo Alpha webpage:
9
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-alpha-compaq-tools.xml
11
12 I was wondering if this is simply an oversight in the page or if there is
13 actually a problem in getting this compiler to work with Gentoo?
14
15 I'd appreciate it if someone in the know could clear this up for me, the
16 availability of this compiler is the last hurdle I need to clear before
17 progressing with the switch.
18
19 Thanks in advance,
20