From: Jeff Donsbach <jeff.donsbach@××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Alpha LiveCD available for testing
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:12:18
1 Nice work, Jay!
2
3 Did you include linload.exe and any milo images (not having looked yet
4 myself)? If not, could be handy to stick them there on the next go-round.
5
6 Jeff D
9 On Friday 27 February 2004 08:40 am, Jay Maynard wrote:
10 > I've finally succeeded in building a LiveCD for the Alpha platform with
11 > catalyst. The result, a 58 MB file, can be downloaded from
12 > http://www.ibiblio.org/jmaynard/gentoo-alpha-1.4-test2-20040225.iso .
13 > Anyone who's interested in Gentoo on the Alpha is invited to download and
14 > test it.
15 >
16 > I've done some testing, but haven't tried installing a system with it yet.
17 > It does boot, talk to the network, and see SCSI-attached disks without
18 > extra parameters if they're attached to the controllers normally sold wiht
19 > Alpha systems.
20 >
21 > The CD was built with a zisofs filesystem. It has 3 kernels installed, one
22 > for normal use, one intended for use with MILO for those systems that can't
23 > run aboot for some reason, and one built specifically for the Jensen
24 > platform.
25 >
26 > I've created bug 43092 to add the specfiles and scripts to catalyst.
30 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list