From: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Xorg installation
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 01:56:35
1 Now I suspect the problem here is because udev and virtual/udev were
2 built with keymap support turned off. That's the most terse way I can
3 describe it. This may be because of the desktop profile.
4 I'm no developer. I assume keymap support was turned off for a reason.
5 Can anyone enlighten me about this?
6
7 The long story is that I knew saying my alpha was "locked up" was not a
8 proper description. I enabled login via a serial port. Indeed, linux
9 was working. So, now I can kill X more gracefully.
10 After running emerge -tav to reinstall xorg-servers, it told me that
11 virtual/udev without keymap may cause input device autoconfiguration to
12 fail.
13 So, the -keymap flag is definitely set for udev and virtual/udev on my
14 system. I checked.
15 My plan is to wait a bit in case someone offers advice. Failing that,
16 I'll try rebuilding udev and virtual/udev without turning off keymap.
17 If/when that doesn't work, I'll investigate manual configuration of the
18 xorg input devices.
19
20 Adios, DW