From: "Jean-Sébastien Guay" <jean_seb@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alpha] Gentoo Alpha questions
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 15:14:40
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 Thanks for the answers. There are two other things I wanted to know...
4
5 1. Did anyone with a milo-only machine (like my Alpha XL-366) have
6 trouble booting from the LiveCD? I was never able to boot from the
7 Debian installation CD, and had to start the installation from
8 diskettes...
9
10 2. Are there often problems compiling stuff like what Jeff talked about
11 in his message? I would hate my server to be down for a day/week because
12 some new version of an essential daemon (like exim, sshd, apache)
13 refused to compile.
14
15 Thanks in advance,
16