From: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] bug filed, probably happens to Alpha alone
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 20:31:50
1 The bug is with the old bsd-game of cribbage. I don't have an x86
2 Gentoo kit, just my Alpha. The bugs.gentoo.org info said if it's not
3 x86, then add the architecture team to the CC list. So, I did, weeks later.
4 It's Bug 537010.
5 It seems strange that an ancient, text-based game wouldn't work right.
6 Maybe it's too old? I reported that the Gentoo game plays correctly in
7 Debian alpha, but neither plays right in Gentoo.
8 Obviously, bsd-games are not critical, necessary programs. Still, I
9 like that old cribbage game.
10
11 Is there anyone else with a Gentoo alpha that has tried bsd-games and
12 seen a problem with cribbage?
13
14 Note: When I emerged the latest ncurses (which made no difference) it
15 reported errors, but still installed. It said not to bother Gentoo with
16 that stuff, because it's an upstream problem. So, if it's a problem
17 with something similar, I'll shut up. I'm crossing my fingers and
18 hoping it's something easily fixed.
19
20 Adios, DW