From: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] emerge gentoo-sources fails FINISHED
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 04:12:48
1 >emerge of 3.7.10 succeeded, currently attempting a genkernel build.
2
3 That was Saturday afternoon. I tried again after reading that. This
4 time, emerge did not give a fatal error. I tried make menuconfig and
5 failed. There was no /usr/src/linux/Makefile. Furthermore, there were
6 _no_ files in /usr/src/linux, just directories.
7 So, I did a tar tvJf linux-3.7.tar.xz | less
8 in /usr/portage/distfiles. Files were there. I speculated that the
9 patching process was butchering something. Doesn't matter.
10
11 I waited until later, past midnight UTC. I said some incantations, made
12 some magic gestures, prayed, ran emerge, and went to sleep.
13 This time it worked. I built a kernel and rebooted. Hooray. This
14 thread can end with success.
15
16 Adios, DW