From: Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:31:59
Okay had some time today.  I'm working on the autounmask of
xorg-xserver-9999 (running now).

What is your recommended kernel for this build?

I've been working to bring the server up to current (emerge -uv world) &
revdep-rebuild  (been about 4 months since I've updated packages)

Should hopefully be able to build the Kernel and Xorg-Server tomorrow.

Just to answer your last question.  I've been running Gentoo on my
alpha(s) for about 6 years (migrated to the DS20E earlier this year from
an older alpha 800).  I had contributed a bit to the livecd (2004
release) to support booting alpha with DEC Mylex 960 Raid controller
(just identified the firmware levels of the DEC OEM version).