From: Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Need X testers on Alpha. I think we've got it this time.
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:31:59
1 Okay had some time today. I'm working on the autounmask of
2 xorg-xserver-9999 (running now).
3
4 What is your recommended kernel for this build?
5
6 I've been working to bring the server up to current (emerge -uv world) &
7 revdep-rebuild (been about 4 months since I've updated packages)
8
9 Should hopefully be able to build the Kernel and Xorg-Server tomorrow.
10
11 Just to answer your last question. I've been running Gentoo on my
12 alpha(s) for about 6 years (migrated to the DS20E earlier this year from
13 an older alpha 800). I had contributed a bit to the livecd (2004
14 release) to support booting alpha with DEC Mylex 960 Raid controller
15 (just identified the firmware levels of the DEC OEM version).