From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Gigabit cards
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:10:10
1 Jacob Joseph wrote: [Tue Sep 23 2003, 03:14:08AM EDT]
2 > Hi. I'm planning to upgrade a few alpha machines to gigabit
3 > networking(along with the rest of our computational machines) and
4 > wanted to get any stories of success/failure with respect to specific
5 > cards? I've had good luck with intel cards and the e1000 driver on
6 > x86 machines? What cards do you use?
7
8 I have a personal bias toward the Broadcom 5703-based adapters, but
9 that's because I wrote the Tru64 driver for them. ;-) I've heard that
10 the Linux drivers for those adapters aren't very good, but that's
11 definitely second-hand knowledge.
12
13 I haven't personally used Gigabit under Linux so let us know what you
14 choose and how things work!
15
16 Aron
19 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list