From: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] emerge gentoo-sources fails
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 21:29:33
1 >assuming your doing the install in the chroot environment?
2 Yes. The clock is right too. (A flaky year seems to be a factory
3 defect, but I digress...)
4
5 >are you able to emerge any other sources? e.g. vanilla-sources?
6 No. I had tried gentoo-sources this morning from clean reinstall
7 attempt. That failed, so I emailed this list. After the response, I
8 tried emerge vanilla-sources. Same result. Then I tried emerge -tav
9 vanilla-sources.
10 This put a lot of messages in the log. It ended with:
11 --/usr/srce/linux-3.7.10/arch/m68k/kernel/
12 >>>Failed to install sys-kernel/vanilla-sources-3.7.10, ...
13 Same result.
14
15 I looked at the log and there were one or two arches above m68k, but
16 nothing after. There was no arch/alpha, or even x86. Looks suspicious.
17 Bad kernel source archive?
18
19 Adios, DW