From: Don Wilburn <bodhisattva@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] radeonfb question solved
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 21:09:32
1 The information was all over the place. I read that KMS drivers take
2 care of framebuffers themselves on one site. It seems like I was forced
3 to choose a console framebuffer too in order to make the radeon X driver
4 work. That would explain why unloading radeonfb had no effect.
5 Whatever, I'm not going to try again right away.
6 The solution was passing a boot parameter. Ultimately, I used xrandr to
7 tell me the connector name. So, it was video=VGA-1:width x height...
8 Hooray.
9
10 Adios, DW