From: "Gabriel M. Beddingfield" <gabriel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] AlphaStation 200 (Mustang) won't boot 2004.3 liveCD
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:42:04
1 On Monday 06 December 2004 01:39 am, Marnix Arnold wrote:
2
3 > Have you tried to connect a serial terminal to your AlphaStation
4 > (I'm assuming it has a serial port)? If you do get a console prompt
5 > there, you probably have a video card problem. Has your
6 > AlphaStation ever run Linux before?
7
8 Thanks, I'll give it a try. No, this box has only run Windows NT.
9
10 > You also may want to try to boot from an older LiveCD, e.g.,
11 > 1.4rc1-test4, that may have the legacy boot option, which works
12
13 I'll look for it. I also got a "jumpstart" CD image last night. I'll
14 probably burn it and give it a shot soon.
18 G a b r i e l M . B e d d i n g f i e l d
21 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list