From: Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Portage problem
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 17:40:03
1 Hi all,
2
3 I had a system crash this weekend, about 12 hours after getting the 2.6.8
4 kernel working on my alpha. (unrelated problem).
5
6 I've restored the system to a backup from about 10 days ago but it now seems
7 my portage database is problematic and the typical emerge commands are
8 failing.
9
10 e.g.:
11
12 emerge sync seems to work okay
13 I've successfully run fixpackages.
14
15 emerge -uv world
16 fails after extracting the package with no errors (but doesn't go and
17 compile it).
18
19 I'm guessing that between the time I did the backup and restored it an
20 upgrade or other emerge had changed the portage tree.
21 However I am unable to forcefully rebuild the portage set or the gentoolkit.
22
23 Any ideas?
24
25 Thanks,