From: Brian Parkhurst <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] emerge gentoo-sources fails
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 19:40:21
1 assuming your doing the install in the chroot environment?
2
3 are you able to emerge any other sources? e.g. vanilla-sources?
4
5 On 5/23/2013 12:12, Don Wilburn wrote:
6 > Dear Alpha list,
7 >
8 > My hard drive crashed, so I'm trying to reinstall from scratch.
9 > When I get to the emerge gentoo-sources step, it seems to go all the
10 > way, then ends with a status 1 exit message.
11 >
12 > The log files do not indicate the reason for failure, just that it happens.
13 > During the installation, it throws up some errors about econfdir and
14 > /dev/fd/62 doesn't exist (I don't have it written down handy). I'm
15 > thinking that happened before (when it worked) and didn't matter.
16 >
17 > I have tried several times. I've wiped the drive between tries, changed
18 > my mirror list, changed profile... no luck.
19 >
20 > I looked at the file date for the kernel source on a mirror. It's
21 > pretty old, so it should be the same as what worked before.
22 > I'm wondering about the ebuild, but I don't how such things work. It
23 > worked fine a couple weeks ago.
24 >
25 > Any suggestions about how to figure out the problem?
26 >
27 > I imagine that emerging gentoo-sources is best, but could I just
28 > download a 3.7.10 tgz file from www.kernel.org and make one that way?
29 >
30 > Adios, DW