From: Marnix Arnold <mxa@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] AlphaStation 200 (Mustang) won't boot 2004.3 liveCD
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:39:15
1 Hi Gabriel,
2
3 Have you tried to connect a serial terminal to your AlphaStation (I'm
4 assuming it has a serial port)? If you do get a console prompt there, you
5 probably have a video card problem. Has your AlphaStation ever run Linux
6 before?
7
8 You also may want to try to boot from an older LiveCD, e.g., 1.4rc1-test4,
9 that may have the legacy boot option, which works with most alphas. I
10 haven't used this LiveCD myself since 2004.x works very well on my XLT-300
11 (amazingly ;-).
12
13 Hope this helps,
14
15 Marnix.
18 > I have an AlphaStation 200 4/166 (Mustang) and I'm trying to do a gentoo
19 > install. I can't get it to boot.
20 >
21 [snip]
25 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list