From: Marc Giger <gigerstyle@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o, "Donsbach, Jeff" <jeff.donsbach@××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] vanilla-sources vs alpha-sources
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:34:45
1 On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:03:43 -0500
2 "Donsbach, Jeff" <jeff.donsbach@××.com> wrote:
5 > Marc,
6 >
7 > Help a newbie. ;-) What would be the difference between your 2.4.25
8
9 Hehe:-) Ok, I will help you if you help me. I saw your e-mail
10 address and it seems you are working at hp. The source for alpha's!
11 I need more alphas!:-)) EV67 or newer would be cool. So you send me a
12 board and a processor (or even better dual) and I will answer your
13 question*BIG SMILE
14
15 > ebuild and the current vanilla sources? I've been running a "vanilla
16 > source" kernel for a few days and it seems fine to me (in my limited
17 > use so far).
18
19 No kidding! If you are happy with vanilla-source I think you won't
20 profit from alpha-sources. But it will contain almost the same thing as
21 alpha-sources 2.4.21:
22
23 - xfs (useless with 2.4.25)
24 - grsecurity
25 - usagi
26 - cryptoloop-jari
27 - superfreeswan
28 - uac_sysctl
29 - forgot something?
30
31 Where usagi and superfreeswan are exclusive
32
33 Additionally I will add acl's (ea+acl+nfsacl) to the tree, because I
34 think it's also a very useful security feature.
35
36 greets
37
38 Marc loves his alpha Giger