From: Anton Molyboha <anton.stay.connected@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Mono on Prefix on Mac
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 22:37:51
1 Hi all,
2
3 I am trying to build mono under Prefix on my Mac, and it fails - but I
4 think it _almost_ works and I just need a little help.
5
6 The emerge error is "invalid install_name found", the culprits being some
7 mcs.exe.dylib and mscorlib.dll.dylib (the build.log and requisite emerge
8 output are attached)
9 At first I thought that some linker flags are off, but then found this
10 snippet from the ebuild:
11
12 multilib_src_install() {
13 > default_src_install
14 >
15 > # Remove files not respecting LDFLAGS and that we are not supposed to
16 > provide, see Fedora
17 > # mono.spec and
18 > http://www.mail-archive.com/mono-devel-list@××××××××××××.com/msg24870.html
19 > # for reference.
20 > rm -f "${ED}"/usr/lib/mono/{2.0,4.5}/mscorlib.dll.so || die
21 > rm -f "${ED}"/usr/lib/mono/{2.0,4.5}/mcs.exe.so || die
22 > }
25 Looks like those files should just never get to be checked for the
26 install_name -- yet, apparently, the check happens before the execution
27 gets to those "rm" lines.
28
29 So, the question is: is there a way to make the ebuild delete the offenders
30 between compilation and QA checks? How can I do that -- and how do I find
31 the build directory in a portable way?
32
33 Thanks!
34 Anton

emerge-info.txt text/plain