From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] AIX5.3 prefix bootstrap gcc-4.2.4 failure
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:18:39
1 heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Dear Michael,
3 >
4 > Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 >> Must admit I've added 'export CONFIG_SHELL=/some/bash' to my ~/.profile
7 >> long time ago - and actually forgot about it, so this didn't bite me again...
8 >
9 > Does the build shell in portage respect $HOME/.profile? I have set
10 > 'export CONFIG_SHELL=/some/bash'. When I do ./configure manually, it
11 > would be bash (seen in ps). But if I emerge, all ./configure are called
12 > with /bin/sh (seen in ps).
13
14 Just committed a portage patch to actually use $CONFIG_SHELL when calling configure's.
15
16 In usr/portage/prefix/aix/profile.bashrc you can find CONFIG_SHELL=$BASH,
17 so an ebuild calling configure (via econf or not) should have CONFIG_SHELL set.
18
19 > Are you sure this really works?
20
21 While it was enough for long time to just do:
22 $ export CONFIG_SHELL=/path/to/bash
23 $ ./configure
24 recently it seems necessary to do:
25 $ export CONFIG_SHELL=/path/to/bash
26 $ ${CONFIG_SHELL} ./configure
27
28 So I didn't encounter problems when doing this:
29 $ export CONFIG_SHELL=/path/to/bash # done by profile.bashrc
30 $ ${CONFIG_SHELL} ./configure # done by portage now
31
32 /haubi/
33 --
34 Michael Haubenwallner