From: Dirk Tilger <dirk@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Launchd plists, anyone?
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 20:00:08
On 2009-04-28, Alexander Kellett <a@×××××××.net> wrote:
> sorry for the lame contentless reply... hope positive feedback is welcome. > > i like this idea specifically a lot, and in general the addition of > start scripts (currently i'm just starting mysqld on the command line > each time i reset my mac, which is quite frustrating).
For anyone interested: I merged my baselayout-prefix changes with the latest baselayout-prefix ebuild. Who enjoys playing with water and electricity as much as I do, applies this patch to the ebuild: Then, copy all these files into the "files" directory of the package: - as baselayout-1.12.5-sh.patch - as baselayout-1.12.5-src.patch - as baselayout-1.12.5-no-consoletype.patch - as baselayout-1.12.5-pidof.patch Now you run `ebuild $EBUILD manifest merge` with $EBUILD pointing to the file you patched earlier. Then you should have the same baselayout as I do. That allows me to start postgresql and it used to allow me to start apache well. Can't test the latter. Need to get revdep-rebuild fixed first. ;) Cheers! :) Dirk. -- A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is it such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?