From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] symlink message prevention
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 22:38:36
1 On 06/30/2014 07:20 AM, Alan Hourihane wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > On FreeMiNT, symlinks at the ROOT level is common, and I get this message
5 > regularly.
6 >
7 > * One or more symlinks to directories have been preserved in order to
8 > * ensure that files installed via these symlinks remain accessible. This
9 > * indicates that the mentioned symlink(s) may be obsolete remnants of an
10 > * old install, and it may be appropriate to replace a given symlink with
11 > * the directory that it points to.
12 > *
13 > * /usr
14 >
15 > Can we add something to prevent this on FreeMiNT ?
16
17 This setting in make.conf should do the trick:
18
19 UNINSTALL_IGNORE="/usr"
22 Thanks,
23 Zac