From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS changes
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:01:48
1 Heads up for everyone:
2
3 I just commited two changes with regard to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.
4
5 * Mac OS X users are now forced to pay attention when filling make.conf,
6 the "example" CFLAGS will likely cause the compiler to complain. This
7 hopefully attracts enough attention to the fact that Intel users
8 really *need* -march=prescott (at least) in their CFLAGS.
9 * Related to this issue, the CXXFLAGS aren't set, resulting in the same
10 problem as with CFLAGS for Mac OS X/Intel users. I added to all
11 bootstrap documents now the extra line to add to your make.conf:
12 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
13 If you don't have this one in your make.conf, you better add it right
14 now as it's missing, and hence -- due to a misinterpretation -- unset.
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level
20 --
21 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list