From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:45:32
On 25-03-2009 17:16:17 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 14:44 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote: > > > If we would also change all ED into $D$EPREFIX inheriting prefix.eclass > > would do the trick entirely and we could merge back. > > I missed the point here: > Is this because D (and ED) might be unset during ebuild source-time, so > setting ED in prefix.eclass' global scope will go wrong? > If yes, then +1.
You can't expect $D to be available in depend phase/source time, so ED will be wrong. I think especially Paludis will be strict in this, I was told Portage just exports it, but that's luck. See PMS, page 63. ROOT is actually also a problem since it is defined only to be available in pkg_*. That leaves us with EPREFIX. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] prefix keywords need to go (?) Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>